Thursday, March 12, 2015

Blogging About Blogging


Tomorrow will be my first training on creating a successful classroom blog.  Knowing how influential blogging can be for teachers and students makes me truly excited to share ideas and resources to help get this group of teachers off to a good start.

However, I truly feel inadequate providing this training for the simple fact that my blog is not as successful as it could be.

I definitely feel one practice that helps us move forward professionally is to reflect on our experiences.  What better way to do this than write a blog.

There are plenty of excuses I can come up with for why I haven't blogged regularly over the past several years.  "I don't have enough time", "Who's going to read it anyway?", "What can others learn from me about writing?" are just a few that come to mind.

I recently read Fierce Conversations: Achieving Success at Work & in Life, One Conversation at a Time by Susan Scott.  One simple quote that stood out to me was "Reasons or results. We get to choose." (Scott, p. 155)




I guess it is time to have a fierce conversation with myself!

Below are some resources to help you get started.

Five Common Mistakes Made When Starting a Classroom Blog by Richard Byrne

13 Tips for Beginning Bloggers (Which I Learned the Hard Way) by Gretchen Rubin (I don't know if I would recommend blogging everyday though.)


16 Blogging Resources to Improve Your Blog by Patricia Redsicker

No comments:

Post a Comment